Hands On SASE Workshop
Date: Tuesday, May 9th 11:00am – 3:00pm EST
Location: Idea Foundry, 421 W State St #254, Columbus, OH 43215
Close your eyes and picture this scenario. In this SASE workshop, YOU are an administrator at Zero’s Trusty Widgets, responsible for configuring and implementing policies to enforce SASE principles (zero trust, network access, secure edge, etc). You have a mix of customers you support; Karen is an employee working from the office for two days a week and also from home using a corporate managed device; Bob is a contractor using his company’s laptop responsible for developing some applications who needs access to some internal resources (JIRA, SSH, and a custom thick client).
A full environment has already been provisioned for you and throughout the workshop you will get hands on access to a variety of SASE solutions with the ability to explore their offerings. This includes:
- Cisco Umbrella for Web Security and Internet Access
- Meraki interface for SD-WAN deployment and config
- Viptela interface for SD-WAN deployment and config
- Duo and AnyConnect for Zero Trust and application access
- ThousandEyes for visibility across the environment
Who should attend?
You do not need an in-depth understanding of security operations or Cisco products. The labs provide an easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide to understanding today’s Network and Security challenges and how Cisco SASE addresses those challenges by converging network and security.
- Introduction – Why SASE?
- SASE Overview
- Module 1 – Secure Edge – Meraki to SaaS and Internet
- Module 2 – Secure Edge – Viptela to Saas and Internet
- Module 3 – Remote Worker to Private Applications with Duo
- Module 4 – Secure Remote Worker to Internet and SaaS with Umbrella
- Module 5 – Visibility with ThousandEyes
- Review and Q&A
What can attendees expect?
- Learn how SASE can address the current challenges presented by hybrid work and the migration of the applications to multiple clouds
- Review the different use cases and challenges that can be solved by implementing a SASE solution
- Familiarize yourself with the interface and configuration of Cisco’s SASE solutions.
- Learn how Cisco’s SASE solutions integrate with each other and navigate a simulated environment in which these solutions are deployed
- Help you understand the different components of Cisco SASE and how they work together
- Guide you through hands on labs where you can configure the elements of the Cisco SASE solution and review admin and end user experience
- After completing this SASE Studio, the user can claim 6 CE credits through ce.cisco.com